Sharon Osborn, Specialist Instructor, Hair & Beauty
Hairdressing and Beauty
BTEC Level 1 Certificate an Introduction to Hair and Beauty
This course gives learners the opportunity to:-
- Engage in learning and develop a range of skills and techniques.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 1 Vocationally related qualification
- Progress further to a Level 2 qualification in Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy.
- Develop personal growth and confidence.
This course offers a broad range of vocational skills, and learners are supported and given guidance to gain confidence in their practical lessons. Learners will be able to develop a range of practical Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy skills, and gain knowledge of the Hair and Beauty industry.
With each unit learners will be able to build a portfolio of evidence which will demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of the industry, by researching the Hair and Beauty business in salons, career opportunities, and exploring the links with other industries.
- Introduction to the Hair and Beauty Sector
- Presenting a Professional Image in a Salon
- Skin Care
- Basic Make-up Application
- Hand Care
THE RUBICON CENTRE HAIR & BEAUTY SALON